There isn’t much to say, here; I mean, Shepherd’s Pie is amazing, right? This one is super easy to whip up on a night when you’re craving a warm, savory dinner.
TPSE Shepherd's Pie
Gluten-Free, deconstructed, shepherd's pie
Write a review
- 1.5 - 2lb Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
- 1 Cauliflower Head
- 1/4 C Almond Milk (plus more if needed)
- Onion Powder
- Smokey Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1 Bag Frozen Mixed Veggies of choice (I love peas and broccoli with this!)
- 2TB Coconut Oil
- Cook up 1-2lbs ground turkey or grass-fed beef - with 1 TB coconut oil. When the meat is almost cooked through, add the seasonings 1TB chili powder, 2 tsp smokey paprika, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder. Feel free to add more or less of these, or add other seasonings that you love. The options are endless!
- Break up the head for cauliflower into florets and steam until soft (10ish minutes)
- Blend the cauliflower in a blender with the almond milk, sea salt, white pepper (or regular pepper) and some onion powder to taste - just eyeball/taste test it as you go. You may need to add a bit more almond milk, depending on the size of the cauliflower. Just slowly add and blend until you get the consistency you'd prefer.
- Saute a bag of frozen mixed veggies with the other TB of coconut oil, some sea salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you'd prefer).
- Layer into bowls, veggies, then meat, then whipped cauliflower, and serve!
- Don't get too hung up on spice measurements, just add what you like, and then add a little more : )
THE POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS http://www.thepositivesideeffects.com/