Smoothie Bowls are amazing. But they can be full of sugar so it’s really important to find ingredients that do not include any artificial sugars, or additives. Stick with the basics. I love this take on one of the smoothies taken from Christmas Abbott’s Bad Ass Body Diet. It reminds me of a vanilla shake, no joke. The mango doesn’t add a fruity flavor it just sweetens it up a bit, and gives it a nice texture. You can omit it if you’d like. The protein I use is SFH Vanilla Pure – derived from grass fed cows.
- 3/4 C Milk Product (I am loving Cashew milk right now, bonus points if you make your own)
- 1 TB Almond Butter
- 1 Scoop of an all-natural Whey Protein power (I love SFH Vanilla Pure)
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 small pieces of frozen mango
- 3-4 cubes of ice
- 1/4 C all natural Granola (extra points if home made! I prefer gluten-free/paleo)
- 1/4 C frozen berries (fresh is fine too)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all of the smoothie ingredients until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Top with: granola, berries and sea salt