Why do I love a overnight oats? It satisfies my morning sweet tooth, it’s portable, and it’s basically a make ahead superstar. You really can’t do them wrong, but you can do them really right if you follow a good recipe. I’ve been whipping them together on and off for a few years, and I’ve gotten the consistency the way I like it, not to thick, not runny. Here’s my set up:
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (I love @SFH pure whey protein for recipes)
- 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup liquid (I love cashew milk, preferably home made)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 small handful of berries
- nut butter of choice, hempseeds, flaxseeds, or granola (if you dare)
- Mix the oats and milk in a glass bowl or jar. Add the protein, mix well. Mix in the nut butter and finally fold in the berries. If the mixture seems to be dry, or if you'd prefer it to be a little thinner stir in a little more milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Add toppings of choice and enjoy!
Some of my favorite combos:
Chocolate protein, cashew milk, blueberries and almond butter w/hempseeds
Vanilla protein, cashew milk, strawberries and peanut butter w/coconut flakes
Minty protein (like SFH Candy Cane), cashew milk, blueberries w/flaxseeds
Let me know if you give it a shot!